Robert P. Berry, Attorney
Berry Silberberg Stokes PC | STL
16150 Main Circle Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63017
Robert Berry is the founder and managing attorney of Berry Silberberg Stokes PC. Since 1997, he has successfully litigated and arbitrated high-stakes business disputes and class actions dealing with a wide cross-section of legal issues. In some of the nation’s largest and most complex cases, Mr. Berry has defeated bet-the-company class certification petitions, obtained early dismissals, won summary judgment, and achieved success at trial. He has successfully affirmed awards on appeal and negotiated complex settlement agreements. He also guides and counsels his clients through times of crisis and when making critical changes in their business. Among his other clients, Mr. Berry has successfully represented:
- Am Law 15 law firm in multi-million dollar legal malpractice suit brought by a large accounting firm and numerous follow-on suits by third parties;
- California-based natural gas and electric utilities against antitrust class actions brought on behalf of 23 million ratepayers seeking billions of dollars in damages and restitution;
- Major utilities against class actions brought under the Commodity Exchange Act;
- St. Louis-based cable and VoIP provider against Missouri municipalities in a putative class action concerning business license taxes;
- Publicly traded St. Louis drug manufacturer and its executives in securities fraud and ERISA litigation and criminal proceedings;
- Numerous airlines against multi-million dollar RICO and fraud claims brought by a nationwide class of travel agents;
- Golf club manufacturer against Colgate-doctrine price maintenance action attacking nationwide new product introductory price policy;
- National retail pharmacy against a putative consumer class action relating to taxation of medical supplies;
- General partner of HUD-regulated property against derivative claims of limited partners;
- Limousine manufacturer against competitors for an alleged group advertising boycott;
- Banking computer software developer appealing order imposing a “head-start” injunction after jury finding of misappropriation of trade secrets;
- Public Board of Trustees against a beneficiary class’s attempt to alter the method of calculating retirement benefits; and
- National technology research institute against claims of public exposure to toxins arising from Cold War-era Department of Defense weapons programs.
Mr. Berry received his Bachelor of Arts degree magna cum laude from Boston College in 1993. He earned his law degree with high honors from Washington University School of Law in St. Louis in 1997, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and the Washington University Law Quarterly. During law school, Mr. Berry served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Ronnie White on the Missouri Court of Appeals. Prior to founding Berry Silberberg Stokes PC, he practiced law in the Los Angeles office of litigation powerhouse Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP (2001-2007), in the Kansas City office of Spencer, Fane, Britt & Browne LLP (1999-2001), and in the St. Louis office of Lewis, Rice & Fingersh P.C. (1997-1999).
He is a member of the Missouri and California bars.