David Baxter, Associate
Berry Silberberg Stokes PC | STL
16150 Main Circle Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63017
David Baxter is an attorney with Berry Silberberg Stokes PC. Mr. Baxter has worked on a number of litigation matters for Berry Silberberg Stokes, including disputes related to contractual agreements, taxation, fiduciary duties, professional negligence, property damage, and other matters. He also has experience with appellate work and writ petitions, drafting these briefs for the Missouri Court of Appeals and the Missouri Supreme Court. He also has worked on a number of non-litigation matters including corporate formation, estate planning, real estate transactions and foreclosures, acquisitions through receivership, and property assessment. Mr. Baxter has represented:
- National television, Internet, and communications provider in purported class action of municipalities seeking millions of dollars in allegedly underpaid taxes and other matters.
- International law firm in multiple cases across the country relating to fallout of illegal tax shelters.
- Major pharmaceutical company in various matters including shareholder derivative suits and probate cases.
- Defense and aerospace contractor through purchase by and transfer to another corporation.
- National provider of uniforms and related services in a variety of enforcement and collection matters.
- Major manufacturer in multi-million dollar dispute over disputed service contracts and intellectual property.
- Regional bank in multiple foreclosure proceedings.
- National home repair company in disputes over ownership of intellectual property.
- General partner of HUD-regulated property in dispute over ownership of the property.
- Multiple religious institutions in various matters.
- Chemical company in transfer through receivership.
Mr. Baxter graduated from Wake Forest University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and Economics in 2006. While at Wake Forest, he was a member of the Pi Sigma Alpha and Omicron Delta Epsilon honor societies. He also spent a semester at University College London in England. Mr. Baxter earned his Juris Doctorate from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law in May 2009. While at Washington University, Mr. Baxter was a member of the Journal of Law and Policy and participated in the school’s Appellate Clinic, representing a client in the Eighth Circuit. Before joining Berry Silberberg Stokes PC, Mr. Baxter interned with the Alliance Defense Fund, worked as a research associate for Health Capital Consultants, and worked as a research assistant for Washington University School of Law Assistant Dean Mary Perry. He is a member of the Missouri bar and is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.