Carol Silberberg, Attorney
Berry Silberberg Stokes PC | LA
155 North Lake Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91101
Carol M. Silberberg is a managing attorney of the Los Angeles office of Berry Silberberg Stokes PC. Ms. Silberberg practices general business litigation, with a concentration in class action and unfair competition matters. Ms. Silberberg has appeared before numerous state and federal courts in conjunction with pretrial, trial, and appellate proceedings. She has handled complex litigation matters in cases involving class actions, RICO, antitrust, attorney malpractice, patent infringement, and securities fraud, in various areas, including telecommunications, and health care. Among her other clients, Ms. Silberberg has represented:
- National, publicly traded healthcare products producer in multi-million consolidated antitrust class action brought by direct purchasers.
- National, publicly traded medical technology developer in trade secret misappropriation and patent infringement action brought by competitor.
- Am Law 15 law firm in multi-million dollar legal malpractice suit brought by a large accounting firm and numerous follow-on suits by third parties.
- National cell phone carrier in multiple multi-million dollar putative class action lawsuits asserting fraud, breach of contract, and violation of consumer protection / unfair competition statutes.
- Numerous airlines against multi-million dollar RICO and fraud claims brought by nationwide class of travel agents.
- National cable and VoIP provider against Missouri municipalities in a putative class action concerning business license taxes.
- Publicly traded drug manufacturer and its executives in securities fraud litigation.
- Fortune 500 computer technology manufacturer in multi-million dollar antitrust claim brought by direct competitor.
- Medical device manufacturer and inventor in trade secret misappropriation and patent infringement actions brought by competitors, one of which was seeking a preliminary injunction against allegedly competing products.
Ms. Silberberg received her law degree in 2001 from the University of Southern California, where she served as Senior Editor of the Southern California Law Review and was elected to the Order of the Coif. Ms. Silberberg’s note, “Preserving Educational Fair Use in the Twentieth Century,” was published in the Southern California Law Journal in January 2001 (74 S. Cal. Law Rev. 617). Following law school, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable George H. King in the United States District Court for the Central District of California. Ms. Silberberg was selected as one of Southern California Rising Stars in 2007-08. Ms. Silberberg earned a Master of Arts degree in Education in 1995 from the Claremont Graduate School and a Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude in English and History from the University of California, Los Angeles, in 1993. Prior to practicing law at Berry Silberberg Stokes PC, she practiced law in the Los Angeles office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP (2002-2011). Ms. Silberberg is admitted to practice law in the State of California.